15 November, 2007

Do I call it Talk GOOGLE - AIM ???

I just learn that Google Talk (aka gTalk) users would soon be able to chat AIM users, look really cool for the AIM users.

One question is would you be able to login to AIM using your Google talk? That I don't know! Though AIM and Google clients will be able to chat, it has to be via different chat system. So, Its just that they might be sharing the protocols just like MSN and Yahoo!

Google Operating System (non-official Google blog) has the screen shot - Click Here

Chatting is becoming a lot more easier using a single IM, what if Google Talk shares with Yahoo? will there be the freedom to chat withing the circle:

" Yahoo - MSN - GOOGLE - AIM "

There is need for that, what do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the network with the most users might, in the end, eat up the one with the least users.

I use AIM to chat with 1 single person and I seldom use Gtalk (only to respond to Gmail contacts who initiate chat with me). I'm a long time Yahoo messenger user. The fact that Yahoo messenger could talk to msn messenger allowed me to not upgrade my MSN messenger client and still chat with my MSN contacts, I don't think MSN will be seeing me in a long while because I don't intend to update.

If in the end all four (Yahoo messenger, MSN messenger, Gtalk and AIM) can communicate directly I might not have to use any chat client other than Yahoo messenger, ever again.

Unknown said...

Well, I think Yahoo has the most number of subscribers.

Though AIM IM was existing prior to gTalk, I believe Google users are more.

When Yahoo and MSN shared protocols, it really made a lot of people to stay on their Yahoo Messenger rather than upgrading and chatting on MSN! For me, I can't even remember the last time I used my MSN messenger.

Is this actually a development for the competitors?

If the four clients could communicate directly, I will stick to gTalk because its faster and easier... Do you have gTalk application on your PC?

Give it a try